Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Royals

I thought it was time to update about some of the fine things Kansas City has to offer its citizens and visitors, when I realized that I had only really done one activity enough to actually comment on it. And that would be attending Kansas City Royals games.

I have been to four so far, and I have lived here about a month. The first person I met on the plane to my training in Albuquerque, Tom, is a big fan, and I have been tagging along with him and his buddies.

That's tom's head in the corner. Notice the clipboard, he keeps score. Tom luvs the royals.

Tailgating is where it is at. The key is to really suck up the beers before you go into the Stadium so you dont have to buy beer inside and so you are sober by the end of the game. I really think that the Sharks are missing out on a lot of fans by not having a tailgating parking lot. Turns out, though, I am horrible at the bean bag toss.

Tom at the grill.


They have just redone the Kauffman stadium for this season, and it is quite nice. Lots of fountains, of course, because it is Kansas City (there are fountains everywhere here.) Turn out has been pretty good, I hear, for the Royals, likely because they are actually doing pretty well this season, and because people want to se the updates to the stadium. Harvesters may be having an employee event on the Bud Light Party Deck within a few months, which will be a blast if it happens.The screen, seating, fountains, etc. behind the outfield are all new. Love the crown on the screen.




The party deck. Someday I will make it.


This is all to say that if you come and visit me, expect to go to a Royals game.

4 comments:

  1. Keeping score -- tell Tom I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, Helen! I'll take a more detailed picture of his score card next time. It's pretty adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now, Juliet, are you a Royals fan? Who is your favorite team?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KC Royals should be always competitive enough to keep pace with the others. I really like them; they’ve always been my favourite teams in MLB. Just read about them here:
    http://www.royalshome.com

    ReplyDelete