Thursday, April 16, 2009

Days 2 and 3

Yesterday I left Havasu heading for Albuquerque. Because of heavy winds, part of I-40 (somewhere between Flagstaff and Gallup) was closed, so I turned around to go back and stay the night in Flagstaff, where, incidentally, it was snowing. I spent the day and night there, which was lovely because Flagstaff is a nice town. Today I needed to make up time, so I drove through 3 states and 3 timezone and landed in Amarillo, where I am very tired and there is lightning. I will bring up more details later, but for now, pictures!



Some serious highway engineering in Arizona


A burger joint on a small town along route 66



Then shit got crazy! Snow on the road, approaching Flagstaff


After passing Flagstaff, coming to the road closure, and heading back, I went to the train station.


View of Flagstaff from the Lowell Observatory, where Pluto was discovered.


Start of Day 3. View from a roadside Indian trading post, Arizona.


Cool rocks.


Made it!


Pretty roadside view


More pretty



Made itTexas terrain, quite a change. As I approached the thunderstorm, the sky turned this evil looking color.

1 comment:

  1. Juliet, great road album! It was neat to follow you cross country on your marvelous adventure.

    ReplyDelete