Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My drive, day one.

Today I started to four day drive to Kansas City, on the southern route (interstate 40) which is the old route 66. Historic! I am 1/4 of the way there. I drove from San Jose to Lake Havasu City, Arizona, home of the London Bridge. This took about 9 1/2 hours. Only I would drive 25 minutes out of the way to stay in the town with the london bridge, which is actually kind of abandoned and really earie, at least at 5:30 on a tuesday. My favorite things about Havasu so far: free happy hour drinks at the Hampton Inn bar. Tomorrow I think my destination is either Albequerqe or Santa Fe, with a possilbe detour to the Grand Canyon!

Some pictures:



Desert. Lots of desert.



Most of what I saw: The road ahead, the road behind.



Tractors next to me at a red light, Wasco, CA.



I saw several trains, which was exciting. I love trains.



Arizona! I drove over the Colorado river, and then I saw this sign.


The London Bridge. There are apparently Nazi bullet holes in this picture, but I cant see them.

2 comments:

  1. awesome! i'm so proud of you. have a nice, safe drive. can't wait to catch up sometime. :)

    - jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that tractor picture a lot.

    ReplyDelete